PDA

View Full Version : Me, my boy, brother, and the boss

iron bender
17th June 2009, 09:13 PM
My dad has a very small, yet enviable collection of US and German Class 3 firearms. All WWII, with the exception of his 1918a2 rifle. Here's a pic of my boy and brother with the 1917a1, and a pic of me with the 1951 Royal Typewriter 1918a2. Both are absolute hammers. Working with German and American machineguns makes you wonder how anyone could have survived. A quick note. In general, BAR's were carried in the field without legs or carry handle. Extra weight, and impractical. The 1917a1 generally will be seen without a carry handle in ETO. But when looking at pictures from Italy during WWII, and Korea in 1951-53, they almost always have a carry handle. Hilly, cumbersome terrain? I'm truly glad to be an American.

David Mills
17th June 2009, 09:47 PM
Guess what I feel important about your post Jordan is your father collected these weapons passed their history and appreciation to you and now you are passing it on to your young son. Very cool!!! Oh geez. I forgot to mention-----great pieces of history.

iron bender
17th June 2009, 09:58 PM
Yeah. My dad and his boys are eat up with it, and now my boy is too. He runs around in the backyard with his flat helmet and play rifle hunting bears. It's amazing, it always starts as a bear hunt, yet he always comes home with a zebra or giraffe. Maybe we should stop taking him to the zoo.

David
17th June 2009, 11:14 PM
Im just grateful to see it all gets used in some form or another.