PDA

View Full Version : WTB Gew upper band

gunshy43
31st July 2009, 08:33 AM
Hello all.

I'm looking for a Gew upper band for my 1915 Spandau....which is all matching except for this ONE part.

Would like to find one Imperial crown/fraktur proof marked with the 2 digit ser.# 30.

Certainly would consider one with different ser.# as long as Imperial marked.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,
gunshy43

Vaughn99
31st July 2009, 11:03 AM
Do you currently have an undicked with german WWI Gew98 front band with 2 digit serial of any kind?? I know of a guy who has your #30 matching band but he ONLY swaps out for like items and it has to be undicked with original stuff.

later
vaughn

gunshy43
11th August 2009, 12:43 PM
Vaughn,
Found the same guy, have his parts list as of June.

Nope....don't have any extra parts, only what's on the rifle...( now 2 rifles BTW.)
Acquired another Gew 98 2 weeks ago....same problem, someone changed the original upper band to an Imperial one with diff. ser.# and ground off the parade hook.:(
Bubba also drilled and tapped the receiver rail with 2 holes...to mount a scope ?
This has a MM bolt, although matching to itself from what #'s I have seen externally.( straight handle.)
Everything else matches inc. stock.

I've posted on every site I can find looking for parts, including auction sites, emailed dealers, etc. NO LUCK.

Sorry I took so long to reply....just haven't had time to check all the Boards lately.

gunshy43

Vaughn99
11th August 2009, 04:20 PM
well if you are looking for a gew 98 untouched band to just trade there is a guy in ebay who has a #21 i think gew98 band for some time he's been trying to sell for 14.99 if you dont find that one contact him he has more than one as i asked for a specific serial and he said he had to look maybe that would be a good start. i think his ebay id is something (can't remember) "treasure"

later
vaughn

gunshy43
11th August 2009, 09:32 PM
Vaughn,
What section did you find that band for sale under, on Ebay ? I looked a couple days ago under collectables, then firearms parts, and another one, and didn't find any.

Thanks,
gunshy43

gunshy43
12th August 2009, 07:20 AM
Vaughn,
Scrap my previous post and question, I did find the band you mentioned.

That band has a 4 digit ser.#, which to the best of my knowlege is possibly a rework. I believe those original parts had ONLY the last 2 digits of the ser.# stamped on them.
Think I contacted him before...IIRC.

I DO appreciate your reply. Keep me in mind if you come across any in the future.

Thanks,
Chuck/gunshy43

PS. Anything you are looking for I might help with ?