PDA

View Full Version : Dems pass healtcare

mrfarb
8th November 2009, 08:22 AM
...what a joke. This country is going to shit. The idiots put them in office, and they know this is the only chance they have- they are lying on every level to get it signed into law.

I fear my childrens future is not going to be a free one.....

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091108/ap_on_bi_ge/us_health_care_overhaul

Dave
8th November 2009, 06:00 PM
I hope the Senate wakes up and stops this monster.

David Mills
8th November 2009, 06:13 PM
I wouldnt count on it since the dems have TOTAL control

kar98k
8th November 2009, 06:52 PM
i'm so sick of our politicians/government. they have the worst ideas all the time, it seems, and then never get anything done because they're too busy arguing with each other. i've got news for you Republicans and Democrats, you ALL suck! (that's directed at nobody here, but rather the politicians)

Lone Ranger
8th November 2009, 08:21 PM
Don't give up just yet, guys... senate is almost always slower and is voting on a very different version. Not to mention there seems to be greater resistance to it there. If it drags into next year, some that are up for election may get cold feet. While publicly denying the widespread opposition to a nanny state, I suspect many do see it and that the desire for power and money will win out over idealogy in most cases. None other than Tom Daschle co-sponsored the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Firearms Act when he was on the chopping block.

P.S. Yes, both parties stink. Traditional Americans have nowhere to turn unless the Republicans return to conservatism or a third party based on the constitution emerges.

8th November 2009, 10:22 PM
Great bill from the House! One of the provisions says that if you apply for private health insurance and are denied, then you must wait 6 months before you can be covered by the public option. If you need immediate care, you are toast! You will be dead before the public option kicks in. Its one of the ways of reducing health care costs!