PDA

View Full Version : Loose Talk Guidance

Mike Peters
9th November 2009, 08:12 AM
We always see the War Information Posters and Home front items …our Propaganda machine was in full gear and the “Loose Lips Sink Ships” theme was everywhere.
This out of the ordinary Government Publication was distributed to Newspapers and meant to give them ideas on how to keep that message out there. I can’t find a date but , it looks like this was printed in 45 after Germany was defeated …It’s clear they were worried about the Public forgetting we were still at War.
This is the first time I ever found anything giving the Media “advice” re Home Front Propaganda ….a nice look at the machine behind the scenes …something our Gov would never be able to do today.

Mike Peters
9th November 2009, 08:18 AM
I'm not so sure about them claiming that since the War in Europe was over , ex German agents were now working for the Japanese ...

Roadhustler63
9th November 2009, 08:57 AM
I wish our media would hold back on alot of the crap they put out there that endangers Troops and our security. I accept that there are many things I don't need to know and don't want to know. In this age it's like leaving the boxes for your new TV, new shotgun out by the trash and then wondering why you got burglarized a few days later. We need to stop "advertising" ourselves.

Mike Peters
12th November 2009, 09:31 AM
I agree ....here's a full size Poster I just dusted off , same theme.
There seems to have been a huge push to curb loose talk for the few months that were left during the War.
Funny how the History Books don't seem to mention this ...too short lived perhaps ?