PDA

View Full Version : unusual find

conn
14th June 2009, 05:15 PM
found in basement of house 3 crates, each were some type of survival gear and i think the boxes are to be dropped by plane maybe for coast watchers oss, one box with the boat ? had a silk military map of some island
also a never used trench rabbit ear periscope in original shipping crate with tripod, leather shoulder holder and rock island leather box to hold the optic half with the light, spare bulbs, batteries missing, cleaning brushes and wrench also missing, half inch of mold on leather
i bought the periscope and left but went back for crates
went back to sale and found someone had ripped everything apart and took alot away
i bought the remains
this stuff is unused sleeping bag with wool insert, 4 sleeping bag covers all tan, one heavy green bag cover and a different type of wool insert than the first, plastic container with fishing gear, plastic tiny first aid kit, 2 cans of bug repllent, 2 tents they hang up like a hammock with netting to keep bugs out and a rain fly
in another box i thought it was a tent but it seems to be some sort of inflatable boat, has lots of poles that i thought were tent poles, two oars that are blue and each is 3 pieces that get put together
i will try to get someone to photo and put on this site
i will drag this stuff to next allen town show

David Mills
14th June 2009, 08:43 PM
Interesting find---please post pics when you can

conn
18th June 2009, 06:19 PM
tried but got up load fail message, tried twice

David Mills
18th June 2009, 09:36 PM
Conn, were the pics too big or what--- do you know