Thread: AR 15

Default AR 15

I am interested in building an AR 15(M4) from a parts kit. I have heard that you have to be careful who you get the kit from as they may include rejected parts. Does anyone have any experience with the dealers who advertise in SGN? I'd like a recommendation as to who it's best to deal with here.
    Jim
    Thomas Jefferson, of Virginia:
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms. . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."

STAY away from SARCO.
    Neca eos omnes. Deus suos agnoscet.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    STAY away from SARCO.
    Thanks Dave: I sort of suspected that was the case.

I'm currently in contact with MAPARTSINC who have been a mainstay on SGN for many years.
    I'd be interested in anyone's opinion who has had dealings with them particularly on their parts kits.
    Jim
    Thomas Jefferson, of Virginia:
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms. . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."

http://jtdistributing.net/store/index.html

http://www.star15.com/

Not an AR person, but I know the family that runs this business and several who have bought from them. If you go to SAR West or Knob Creek, they are regulars and you can see their wares in person.