Thread: Way Too Much Bull Sh!t

Default Way Too Much Bull Sh!t

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=370809180

Rarest of the rare! Nazi German, 1944 mfg. BNZ (Steyr) marked K98 Mauser in 8mm. These BNZ marked rifles were built in slave labor camps. Each rifle was meticulously inspected by SS personnel to ensure that at the time of manufacture, that they either met or exceeded the stringent military standards, and to avoid any chance of sabotage Very nice wood, Excellent blueing, and MANY matching parts (receiver/stock/magazine floorplate, etc) are just some of the great things about this rifle! Dont miss out on owning a piece of history, a German K98 rifle. Especially a BNZ Steyr Mauser that was made in a labor camp. Only so many of these were made!!! Nazi eagles are still intact!!! Many Nazi stampings are present on this rifle. Very cool collectors piece. This has a small import mark on the barrel. Good luck and happy bidding!!!!!
    Neca eos omnes. Deus suos agnoscet.

Yeah... 'cause when I think of quality, I think of Steyr Daimler Puch... in terms of fit and finish, these guys set the bar low for the entire war--at least for Kar98k production.

The gun is a total piece of sh!t, too.
    Neca eos omnes. Deus suos agnoscet.

its a glorified RC piece of junk.. I guess he's really pushing the ss connection to make some extra $$$$.. its not gonna work.

Seller must be a used car salesman.

Gonna vomit. I hate seeing sellers throw around the "slave labor" phrase as if it is some kind of selling point (or even, as if they know it to be true) in an attempt to make a few more dollars on a sale. Hopefully there is a special room in hell for anyone who attempts to make money on tragedies like the holocaust. The sexy period photos are almost always a bad sign too (things to make one NOT take a hard look at the item being sold). This rifle is a piece of crap and shouldn't sell for ten cents more than the average RC, yet some fool is ready to jump on it for more than $1K. Wow.
    Last edited by Pisgah; 18th October 2013 at 12:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pisgah View Post
    Gonna vomit. I hate seeing sellers throw around the "slave labor" phrase as if it is some kind of selling point (or even, as if they know it to be true) in an attempt to make a few more dollars on a sale. Hopefully there is a special room in hell for anyone who attempts to make money on tragedies like the holocaust. The sexy period photos are almost always a bad sign too (things to make one NOT take a hard look at the item being sold). This rifle is a piece of crap and shouldn't sell for ten cents more than the average RC, yet some fool is ready to jump on it for more than $1K. Wow.
    I totally agree, and I am glad you brought it up. Yes, people are always making glib statements about "slave labor" being some selling point.
    Why would anybody want to buy something that was made by people who were forced by their sadistic captors
    to work under the most inhumane conditions imaginable? - in fact, not imaginable, so bad that we who did not suffer it could not comprehend it,
    no matter how much we know about its history.

Personally, I would never want to own or even touch such objects. "Gonna vomit" was a good thing to say. Thanks.
    Thomas Jefferson, of Virginia, paraphrasing a passage from Cesare Beccaria's Essay on Crimes and Punishments:

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms. . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."