Thread: Hans Baur Letter

Default Hans Baur Letter

My son found this at a garage sale in Nazi-fornia. The letter is a Christmas card from Adolf and dated 1-6-90 from Hans Baur, Adolfs pilot. It basically says that Germany has been over run with jerks and they could use a man like Adolf again. BB
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nice find / hopefully their are no German repeats of Adolf.
    Neca eos omnes. Deus suos agnoscet.

Yes, very interesting. I read Baur's autobiography - an interesting read. He was quite unrepentant and failed to acknowledge the horrors of Nazism. He felt mistreated while imprisoned by the Russians. A fine pilot no doubt but another completely mesmerized confidant of Hitler not unlike Speer.

I'm reading a book called "The Bunker", written by a GI who mustered out ,just after the war and stayed on as a writer / correspondent . Baur stayed with Adolf up to and including the end, keeping a plane ready to fly him to the supposed "Alpine Redoubt" . Very interesting book on the last days of the 3rd reich, BB
    Quote Originally Posted by ebeeby View Post
    Yes, very interesting. I read Baur's autobiography - an interesting read. He was quite unrepentant and failed to acknowledge the horrors of Nazism. He felt mistreated while imprisoned by the Russians. A fine pilot no doubt but another completely mesmerized confidant of Hitler not unlike Speer.

My German is limited but that is the general idea I get from what Bauer wrote. There were several unrepentant Nazi's including Sepp Detrich and Otto Skorzeny. Detrich was very active in the HAIG an organization that was formed as a support group for the Waffen SS veterans after they were denied any benefits as soldiers by the German government.
    It has been rumored that Skorzeny was able to recover a large amount of Nazi(SS) loot after the war and managed to support a lavish lifestyle for himself. It is also believed he was directly involved in ODESSA, the program to aid escaping SS personnel to get to havens in South America.
    Anyway an extremely interesting document to say the least.
    Jim
    Thomas Jefferson, of Virginia:
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms. . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."

Jim, you left out Leon Degrelle who in 1968 or so, while living in Spain, wore his SS uniform to his daughters wedding . I remember a person saying that when you looked at Eichman , standing in the docket, in Israel, he looked like a shabby old man . If you took his uniform away and his support, that's all he was , a shabby old man with no power to do anything for himself or to others. The person speaking was a survivor of the death camps, BB
    Quote Originally Posted by james m View Post
    My German is limited but that is the general idea I get from what Bauer wrote. There were several unrepentant Nazi's including Sepp Detrich and Otto Skorzeny. Detrich was very active in the HAIG an organization that was formed as a support group for the Waffen SS veterans after they were denied any benefits as soldiers by the German government.
    It has been rumored that Skorzeny was able to recover a large amount of Nazi(SS) loot after the war and managed to support a lavish lifestyle for himself. It is also believed he was directly involved in ODESSA, the program to aid escaping SS personnel to get to havens in South America.
    Anyway an extremely interesting document to say the least.
    Jim

You're right Barry I had forgotten about that one. I also believe Lemmy (Motorhead) has been known to sport Nazi regalia during his concerts.
    He is definitely a collector and I've seen pictures of his "dagger wall' at his place in CA.
    BTW: Back to the document: I think his last name is "Bauer". Note the umlaut over the U in his signature.
    Jim
    Last edited by james m; 24th December 2013 at 01:37 PM.
    Thomas Jefferson, of Virginia:
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms. . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."