Thread: Johnson Rifles

Default Johnson Rifles

I have several VG-Exc condition original 1941 Johnson Rifles I will be taking to a local show end of this month. I will start them at 6k and see what happens.

I also have one I bought from Johnsons estate (30+ years ago) that has an original U.S. military issue/numbered sniper scope attached in lieu of the rear sight. If interested, drop a line, and maybe I can get some pictures sent. I'm not real good at working this cursed machine.

Sepp44
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by sepp44; 11th May 2014 at 01:32 PM. Reason: Adding Pics

They'll go fast at 5K Do you have an easy payment plan or layaway for poor board members?

Default Johnson

Pictures added

You will do well.

Default Johnson pics

SOLD Finally got some pictures of the top(?) Johnson. It's not as mint as the others, and is priced accordingly at 3.5k, but it's a non-letter bloc, first run example that shows use, minor scratches, mild stock (glue) repair, just like all the rest that saw use. Forearm has a shinier finish than the stock, may be a replacement. Price reflects its' non-pristine condition. Taking it to a show in a week. The two others are mint in all respects (for a Johnson). It has a good bore, 30-06, (7mm's went to Chile) etc.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by sepp44; 6th August 2015 at 01:12 PM.

Default Captain Johnsons' rifle

I have one left, #6784, no letter bloc., exc. condition, no cracks, good as they get, 6k.

Default Johnson Rifles

I still have several Johnsons, wonderful weapons......................Sepp

PM sent.....

Default Sepp44

Quote Originally Posted by ebeeby View Post
    PM sent.....
    I have one of (Evin)? Johnsons rifles. It is (I assume) his rifle with a scope attached. As far as I know it is the only one. Sepp
    Last edited by sepp44; 11th May 2019 at 09:41 PM.

Default Sepp44

All of my Johnson rifles are sold, except for one with a scope, which I consider one of a kind. I also have 18 ww2 German snipers. These (and most) German snipers were restored after the war. My big time rifle was located in Japan after WW2, It was made by the Holeck Brothers (Czechoslovakia) just before the war. I think it was China that wanted them, but the Japanese got there first. An American soldier found 10 of them, most trashed up, but mine is perfect, with all the parts, bayonet, etc. It is the most remarkable rifle I have ever seen. I might have known a guy in Texas had it.
    Fellows, I am 74, 75 next month, and my wife will toss it all in the trash. If you guys are interested, let me know. I have put the pictures of the scopes up already, and hope they will remain available.

The book about the snipers is (Sniper, on the Eastern Front, the Memoirs of Sepp Allerberger), I probably already have it in the list of books I have tried to entertain you guys with for the last 20 years.