Thread: Need help on pricing a ZF-4 mount

Default Need help on pricing a ZF-4 mount

I pay enough attention to the optics, I am OK with guessing that end. Have not paid much attention to mounts, always assumed I would get burned by a fake and know there is more $ to be dropped on that part. Friend of mine that's smarter than me says this one is good. Also it is a 359 marked which would seem to go nicely with my friend's Walther K-43 I got from his estate. Briefly looking at Mr. Weaver's book, looks to be late war - phosphate, rounded ends and looks to be in excellent condition. No photos to post so I know that throws accuracy out the window - any ballpark guesstimates (or a range from crap condition to excellent) would be greatly appreciated.

Default Mount

Well lets assume its original and complete with bands and in good but not mint condition,,,,Id say $1000-1500 by itself, if it were 214 marked it would of course be more, but without photos this is a shot in the dark. Thats gun show table price without scope,,,not in the wonderful world of internet pricing. Also keep in mind the fakes out of Europe are getting better and better, so photos are essential

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Flanagan View Post
    Well lets assume its original and complete with bands and in good but not mint condition,,,,Id say $1000-1500 by itself, if it were 214 marked it would of course be more, but without photos this is a shot in the dark. Thats gun show table price without scope,,,not in the wonderful world of internet pricing. Also keep in mind the fakes out of Europe are getting better and better, so photos are essential
    That's exactly what I was looking for - much appreciated. I was guessing 1100-1200 for run of the mill, this one is probably above average.