View Poll Results: Which 44 finish do you prefer?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • All Blued

1 11.11%
  • Blue/Phosphate

8 88.89%
  • Blue/Clearcoat

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which 44 finish do you like?

Default Which 44 finish do you like?

Hypothtical opinion poll:

If you could have only one 44, your choice of 3 finishes, which would you choose? All blued? Mixed/Phosphate, or Mixed/Clearcoat, which one? (middle pic is clearcoat)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Lone Ranger; 25th July 2009 at 11:30 AM.

LR, I am trying to figure out where you found all those MP44's to even have a choice of finish. I prefer a phosphate finish ----must be the virus has set in from the late war rifle i got from IB. ROFL David

I even wore a mask, gown, and gloves and I still got the virus./

DM,

I am fortunate enough to have met the "right" people in life. The hypothetical scenario is not so hypothetical in that I really will have to decide. One thing is that I don't know if that scoped version will actually be for sale. After finally seeing the blued/phosphate and all blued versions in persion side-by-side, I am leaning towards the mixed version. Good as it looks in the photo, it's better in person. I also like it because IMO it reflects the pressure to get things out regardless of cosmetics.

My MP-44 is all blued, but the mixed finish appeals to me the most.

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Ranger View Post
    DM,

I am fortunate enough to have met the "right" people in life. The hypothetical scenario is not so hypothetical in that I really will have to decide. One thing is that I don't know if that scoped version will actually be for sale. After finally seeing the blued/phosphate and all blued versions in persion side-by-side, I am leaning towards the mixed version. Good as it looks in the photo, it's better in person. I also like it because IMO it reflects the pressure to get things out regardless of cosmetics.
    Since only the guns used in trails actually used the ZF4 scopes (and the results were a dismal failure), having a ZF4 on your rifle does not represent was used in the field. Many of the issued MP-43's had the scope rails, but from what we know, they were not used with scopes in the field. The trials revealed a lack of consistency and accuracy of the scope mounted MP-43 which lagged far behind the scoped rifle, so it was decided not to issue scopes with MP-43's, regardless of the provision of a scope rail. If you HAVE to have an MP-43 with a scope for your collection (because they do LOOK cool), buy the gun, buy the mount and scope, and enjoy it. Just be advised that the firearm was not used at the front in that configuration.
    Last edited by DARIVS ARCHITECTVS; 30th July 2009 at 06:24 PM.

That is one schweet rifle Darvis!!!

You have a great looking rifle there Darvis.

No worries on any misconceptions here on the ZF-4. I would like to have for exactly what you stated - cool factor based on the finish and and just not seeing many. This one is a STG w/a 45 production year - I will post a close up of the scope here and ask the owner about posting a couple others of the entire rifle. IMO it looks really good on the whole - almost an alternating pattern of blue and clear coat.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Dual tone....everytime, I cant help it!

I HAD BOTH AND NOW HAVE A MP43 ALL BLUED...95% PLUS CONDITION...IT IS PURDY...I LIKE THE FINISH ON GUNS AS THEY WERE ORIGINALLY MANUFACTURED...BUT I DO LIKE THE MIXED FINNISH AND ALL PHOSPHATE GUNS AS WELL...

Id vote for the mixed finish myself, has that "been there" look,
    Mike

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast