Thread: SVT 38

Default SVT 38

Noticed no pictures of a 1938 SVT, 150,000 made for little more than 6 months until April, 1940. Tried to put up pictures of one of mine, but no success. Mine's in pretty good shape, I believe it came from Finland, far as I know that was the only place they were used. Not as sleek as the later ones. Mine has what I'm told is a very common repair at the front of the lower stock. SVT 40's were noticeably sleeker.
    Last edited by sepp44; 4th February 2015 at 11:38 AM. Reason: add pictures

Default Pictures

Quote Originally Posted by sepp44 View Post
    Noticed no pictures of a 1938 SVT, 150,000 made for little more than 6 months until April, 1940. Tried to put up pictures of one of mine, but no success. Mine's in pretty good shape, I believe it came from Finland, far as I know that was the only place they were used. Not as sleek as the later ones. Mine has what I'm told is a very common repair at the front of the lower stock. SVT 40's were noticeably sleeker. Will try and get help with pics.
    picture attempt
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by sepp44 View Post
    picture attempt
    Nice rifles, I also have a Finn capture SVT-40. Mine is a '41 Tula.
    Attached Images Attached Images

i sold my SVT 40 not too long ago to pay off my credit card bill. got $850 for it. now i regret selling it and they're twice that friggin price on gunbroker
    Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

Default SVT stuff

I was going thru the pile and ran across an original 1994 FINN BEAR ad (Shotgun News?) for original SVT scope mounts. Pricey at $695, but they were the only game in town. Glad I got mine, they went fast, as I recall.

Curious about the SVT 38 and SVT 40, I found a very concise description of their numbers, makers, etc. on Wikipedia, in detail. Many thousands were made, etc. It's all there, fascinating stuff.
    Last edited by sepp44; 7th April 2016 at 11:43 PM.