Thread: ...G41 info...

Default ...G41 info...

hey;;.. well, i have received quite a bit of different info on the g41 rifle i got last week. still waiting for a few more people to respond after they see it in a few weeks. i am almost 100% sure that there is a january '44 barrel date stamp. that is interesting. and i had several questions about the rear sights and short rail. i attached a photo of two of my rifles. and a pic of the barrel date stamp...??? ,,the bottom rifle is an early G41(W) with the three sided rear sight and short rail for a bolt guide. the top rifle has the four sided rear sight and a longer bolt guide rail. i'm still working on when this was possibly built,.... i am looking for any suggestions..t
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by tbied2; 13th May 2015 at 04:25 PM.

Default ... 41 stock ..

well;;.. i have been getting a few replies on looking for some rifle info. and a question about those two rifles. ;;.. that bottom rifle in the previous post picture is a good example of over cleaning. it is a very nice rifle;.. but someone went overboard on probably cleaning the stock with steel wool or a plastic scour pad, etc.... that recoil lug is just a little brite. ..... a minor annoyance... t
    Last edited by tbied2; 27th May 2015 at 09:04 PM.