Thread: Translation Help DE-GB / GB-DE

Default Translation Help DE-GB / GB-DE

If anyone needs any help with translations from German into English, or visa versa, just ask.

They are basically all for the same thing, people either complaining about having to work too long , or official letters stating specific working times.
    The second or third last one is very different though, it`s about children and teenagers under 18 and the allowed working hours!!!!!! LOL........ what a strange collection
    Eye opener though, they had a 60 hour working week back then, and todays generation complain about a 40 hour working week? No backbone this generation...

What does the KDF paper say? Should I keep going? I have tons of papers/blueprints - they came out of a architect's desk. Thanks for taking a look I appreciate it very much!
    Last edited by Jason; 22nd August 2009 at 11:42 PM.

The KDF is a guy writing back, confirming that he is ready to welcome this person, plus their Company Formann, and two other Pgs (Parteigenossen=NSDAP Members) to take a tour around. ((where i dont know, it dos`nt say, all it say`s is to visit and inspect the Frauenaufenhalttraumes..which translates into a "Dream Place for Woman"))

It go`s on to say that the "trittautomaten" ((he means Vending machines, like todays Cigarette machines, condom machines... etc)) that this person recommended are available at the following company. (He gives the company name)
    Last edited by The_Party_Badge_Guy; 23rd August 2009 at 07:15 PM.

Hi Jason
    Sorry, forgot this thread.

The most interesting one here (The others are more of less all the same as above) is a Tuchfabrik (cloth Factory) asking if it`s possible to extend the working week to 65½ hours for a few "Weavers" because they have a lot of contracts to complete and are pushed for time. The 65½ working week will only apply to Foreign workers though.
    They are also asking if it`s possible to work on Sunday too.
    Jo
    Love your neighbor►►►►Remember the dead◄◄◄◄ & don't bite the hand that feeds you, because it aint been washed.

Thanks Jo! What does the paper signed by Georg Clormann say? And what is that book?

The letter i saw already, it is an Insurance writing, saying that the Burnt down Roof elements/roof beams.... must be removed...etc etc...and how to clean up and repair the Damaged building so that it can be used again. I guess there was a fire in this guys factory/company, and the insurance company has listed a lot of things that they see as being necessary to do.

The little red two sided book is what you would receive after you finished an Apprenticeship. (maybe there is an English word for it, but i don't know it) It translates into Prüfungszeugnis (Exam/Test confermation) Lehrbrief (Learnletter)
    This guy did an Aprentiship with the compay Adelwerke (Eagleworks) as a Lackierer (Varnisher-spraypainter-Funrniture sprayer-Building--etc etc.... dos`nt say what, but if you found out what Adelwerke did/Sold(Made then you would know.
    Last edited by The_Party_Badge_Guy; 4th September 2009 at 05:34 AM.
    Love your neighbor►►►►Remember the dead◄◄◄◄ & don't bite the hand that feeds you, because it aint been washed.

More from the textile factory - TIA!
    Last edited by Jason; 9th May 2011 at 06:35 PM.