Thread: Can you ID this 50 round stick mag?

Default Can you ID this 50 round stick mag?

These came with some Beretta M38a kits I just picked up.
    They are a bit to wide for the Beretta but do seem to be dbl stacked 9 mm.
    Thank you in advance for you input.
    Sincerely,
    Dean
    Attached Images Attached Images

SA is Finnish army stamp. My guess would be a sumoi magazine.

Default 50 round mag Bergmann m-18

Thank you for the SA being Finnish, good info. Looking into the fins they did not build many smg's the model 1931 and the model 1944.
    Looking at images of these magazines tell me that my mags are not Suomi. But reading up at found this on the Fin's buying bergmann mp18'S.

"Soon after World War 1 Schmeisser developed improved submachinegun design directly based to MP/18-I for Bergmann factory. The main improvement of this new weapon was that it used normal box magazines. Year 1920 Bergmann sold manufacturing license of this improved MP/18-I now known as Bergmann to Swiss weapons factory S.I.G. (Schweitzerische Industrie-Gesellschaft). After making the deal S.I.G. started manufacturing Bergmann submachine guns in several calibers. S.I.G. manufactured Bergmann submachine gun was exported to several countries including Japan, China and Finland between 1920 - 1927. The Japanese and Chinese Bergmann submachine guns were made in 7,63 x 25 Mauser. Also Estonian Tallinn model 1923 submachine gun manufactured in only small numbers was directly based to MP/18-I and therefore close relative of Bergmann submachine gun. Production of Bergmann submachine guns in S.I.G. factory ended year 1927. S.I.G. factory introduced improved version of this weapon in year 1930, but with very little commercial success. With Bergmann submachinegun no longer selling, S.I.G. moved its interest to MKMO submachine gun (which was later developed to MKMS submachine gun). As a paraller development in Germany the development of improved MP/18-I led to introduction of MP/28-II submachine gun.

Finnish Army was not interested about submachine guns in early 1920's, like most Armies of that time it doubted if this type of weapon would be useful to military. However, Suojeluskunta (Finnish Civil Guard) didn't have no such doubts and it bought first 1,000 Bergmann submachine gun already year 1922. By 1932 Suojeluskunta had bought 1,415 submachine guns of this model. Around that point Suomi M/31 replaced Bergmann in acquisitions of submachine guns"

If any one has an MP18 I would love to have your toughts.
    Thanks again
    Attached Images Attached Images