Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kurz collection.

Cool

Hmm, Yep I've done that too. Somewhere around here I have photos of me in the movie "Saints and Soldiers" using my MP 43, had my Kubel in that one too. Was also in a couple of low budget films with the 43.
    Sarge

Movie and TV work allows me to maintain my permits, and helps pay for my collection -
    The MG got a work out, to.

Thumbs up

The only movie my 42 has been used in was "Saints & Soldiers."
    I'm also a class 3 and have done well a few time renting for the movies made around my area.
    Sarge
    Last edited by Sarge; 24th August 2016 at 02:02 AM.

Awesome, Sarge -

I think your guns are more original examples than my Frankensteins.
    (If I remember correctly from pictures you have posted on sites that I visit.)
    My movie guns are for the most part restored kits, or multiple kits.

I only have a couple of truly nice examples in my little Office collection, and I won't let those near a movie set - they are just for inspiration.
    I will start a thread on those soon - just waiting on one cool accessory, something that I've been hunting a good number of years - then it will worthy of a photo shoot, even in these indiscreet times.

Steering back to the Kurz collection.

The 1942 AUX (Polte Factory) is incoming, so far this route has been trouble free, but we shall see if this little piece of contraband makes it - a single bullet, the world's smallest arms shipment.

It will be the earliest 7,9x33Kurz round that I own - there are some marked 1941 - but, here in the USA our ability to source such items locally dried up long ago, at least before I started collecting, (the last five years or so for ammo.)
    Still nice to have one round that pre-dates the MP44 and MP43.

Cool

Any MP 40s & Stens that I rent out are tube guns, but everything else is (BARs, Bren, Thompsons, MG 42, MP 43) are the "real deal!"
    Sarge

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12