Thread: ... rifle stamps..?

Default ... rifle stamps..?

hey;;... i have acquired another rifle and a couple of marks need identfying. i have attached two photos of the subjects in question,...

can anyone tell me what this little stamp on the barrel just above the wood means. any help would be appreciated..!

... also;;... the stamp on this mg13 mag. kinda confusing to me...???

Last edited by tbied2; 23rd December 2015 at 09:41 PM.

Default rifle,...

.... well;;... after cleaning this rifle up a little, it actually looks very nice. the wood ain't too bad and the parts are very nice. it does not fit in my gun safes very good. i have had quite a few e-mails with some info and there are several possibilities, some good;;.. some crappy. so;;.. i spoke with a local collector this evening who also has kind of a rifle of this type and he will see it in two weeks at the ohio gun collectors show. after that, i should have a pretty good idea. i am kinda leaning in a certain direction, but will wait till then,.......... t

Been watching this on the k98 forum - it does look sort of correct doesn't it?

Although I saw a MG15 coaxial magazine that had been converted to fit into a G43 at the SAR show a few years ago, really quite well finished and fitted -

What did Uncle Mel have to say about it?

Default rifle..

... i will say one thing about this rifle;... you will " definitely " lose a finger if you try to load it by using just a stripper clip ...!!!! it is very tricky.
    Last edited by tbied2; 27th December 2015 at 11:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tbied2 View Post
    ... you will " definitely " lose a finger if you try to load it by using just a stripper clip ...
    I always knew there was a reason they called it "Hitler's Garand"....
    Last edited by GunKraut; 28th December 2015 at 05:03 PM.