Thread: MG13 mag in type 2 FG42

Default MG13 mag in type 2 FG42

It has been adapted to fit.

MG13 mag will not fit without adapting.

These are my two G-Type (lSecond production model) FG42 magazines, the one of the left is an SSD replica, the one on the right was made by Krieghoff in WW2.

This was my MG13 set up - hopefully you can see the difference.
    The catch is about an inch lower than the lip on the MG13, whereas on the FG it is only a 1/4 inch or so lower than the lip.
    MG13 mags seem to make good surrogates for a few different set ups, extended G43, and others.
    The similarity to the Fg42 is pretty good though, and probably didn't take a lot of work.

Krieghoff magazine! Holy cow, Pit, not one week goes by without you amazing me with your treasures.

Yah..I bought one of those Mg13 mags that "supposedly" had been modified to work in a G43.

Not...

Wasnt even close...fiddled with it for about a week off and on..filing and tweeking ..finally got it to go in the mag well but that was about it... set it aside..and havent invested any more time..saw one in a gun on aplfeltors site and inquired if he could adapt it...told me he could mess with it next spring.

Might do that ..my time is at a premium these days..every minute I spend trying to save money by doing something myself I am losing money by not working. I am dollars ahead to pay other people to do what doesnt make me money if I am doing it.

But yes you are right about the apparent "stand in" capabilities of that mag. They must have made a butt load of them because you see them for sale everywhere.
    Last edited by agalland; 28th January 2016 at 08:07 AM.

Thumbs up

I modified an MG 13 mag to fit in my K 43 about 25 yrs ago. Worked just fine.
    Sarge

Quote Originally Posted by GunKraut View Post
    Krieghoff magazine! Holy cow, Pit, not one week goes by without you amazing me with your treasures.
    There are some deals in the works, that have been ongoing now for a couple of years.
    To be precise - three new items.
    I cannot really believe I have them incoming and won't talk anymore about them until they are here (in case I jinx the deal) - but they will, a "collection" make.

There is a Company in Germany that makes 20 rounds K43 mags.

Quote Originally Posted by Das reich View Post
    There is a Company in Germany that makes 20 rounds K43 mags.
    Are they reliable and do they ship..?