Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: MP 43

Cool

I got my MP 43 from the widow of the vet that brought it back in about 1973. It was registered in the 68 amnesty. It was complete/matching except missing the hand guard. He had found it laying along a trail as they were advancing. The ser nr on mine is 236g/44. Wish it was a 43 produced gun, but --. What is your ser nr/year?
    I have since added a pr of original mag pouches and 6 MP 43 marked mags to it.
    I have used it for re-enacting since I first got it. In the early days I only had 1 mag which later became 2 and finally 3 along with a set of repro mag pouches.
    It is a fun gun to shoot live also!
    Here it is (the bottom one) along with it's stable mates, an MP 44 and an Stg 44. I have also added an MP 43/1 since this photo was taken many years ago. Thus I now have all the marking variations - except an MP 45. 2 shooters and 2 dewats.
    Sarge
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nice stable Sarge!

Mine is 6601H and is also a '44 gun. From all I have been able to find written about these, they were a bit behind in their production. Have you seen many examples of MP43 actually produced in that year? Very nice group Sir!.
    The supressor transfer should be complete by early next year. I'll try a video and post it to Youtube. Great idea!

Thumbs up

Yes, I have seen 43 dated guns. Somewhere around here I think I have some ser nrs, but no idea where.
    If I remember right my Stg is dated 45. I'm looking for one dated 44.
    Which means the only gun I have that is right is my MP 44 dated 44, course that means that I need one dated 45.
    Don't remember the date on my MP 43/1, but I'm pretty sure it is also a 44. Not sure if these were made in 43?
    Sarge

According to one book I read, the MP-43 and 43/1 were produced concurrently, each having different muzzle characteristics. The reason for the different muzzles was a carry over of MKB42 production. The MP43 would accept accessories in common with the K98 whereas the 43/1 would not. Production figures are vague. It is not clear if the serial numbers are separate runs or a sum total of the 2 models. It is unlikely that more than 10k MP43's were made. They were only in production for @3 months before the model designation advanced to MP44. I bought several thousand rounds of German production Kurtz ammo back in the 1980's (sealed in factory German boxes with white Russian labels pasted on them) . I think the ammo is worth more now than what I paid for the gun originally! I'm still kicking myself for selling my minty MG-42 about 15 years ago. I guess we cant hold onto all this stuff forever.

Quote Originally Posted by rick walter View Post
    According to one book I read, the MP-43 and 43/1 were produced concurrently, each having different muzzle characteristics. The reason for the different muzzles was a carry over of MKB42 production. The MP43 would accept accessories in common with the K98 whereas the 43/1 would not. Production figures are vague. It is not clear if the serial numbers are separate runs or a sum total of the 2 models. It is unlikely that more than 10k MP43's were made. They were only in production for @3 months before the model designation advanced to MP44. I bought several thousand rounds of German production Kurtz ammo back in the 1980's (sealed in factory German boxes with white Russian labels pasted on them) . I think the ammo is worth more now than what I paid for the gun originally! I'm still kicking myself for selling my minty MG-42 about 15 years ago. I guess we cant hold onto all this stuff forever.
    On Claus Espeholdt s site it is stated that MP43 was made until 1945, I used to have one made in 44

MP43 became MP44, then STG44 and finally STG45. From examples, only about 10k rifles were produced with markings Mp43 and P43/1. This occurred in very late '43- early '44. Early examples of MP43 show the model number panto graphed over MKB42 on some receivers. https://www.rockislandauction.com/de...g-mp431#detail

A trip to the range and filming suppressed MP-43 on full auto. Will post results sometime early next month!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Excellent !!!!!!!
    Neca eos omnes. Deus suos agnoscet.

Can't wait to see that video!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast