Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Germanized VZ24 Variations

Quote Originally Posted by ltong29 View Post
    ..re-barreled and rebuilt into a VZ-24 by the Germans.
    Using a Czech barrel no less!

When Czechoslovakia was annexed, is there any existing documentation to show how equipment was transferred from Czechoslovakia to Germany? The Czechoslovak Army was dissolved shortly after the annexation, so I'm assuming these weapons were surrendered and sent to the depots for evaluation and rework. I'm assuming Brno and Bystrica both had spare parts for these reworks

..I'm assuming Brno and Bystrica both had spare parts for these reworks
    I think this is near certainty. Some others have more or less confirmed it. Where the Germanization plan for these was hatched and executed is less certain I think. Both those facilities were inspected and brought under German control and management although production at the time continued as before.

When Czechoslovakia was annexed, is there any existing documentation to show how equipment was transferred from Czechoslovakia to Germany? The Czechoslovak Army was dissolved shortly after the annexation, so I'm assuming these weapons were surrendered and sent to the depots for evaluation and rework. I'm assuming Brno and Bystrica both had spare parts for these reworks

and of course there were spare parts in the Czech army's supply system, as there are in most armies.
    Neca eos omnes. Deus suos agnoscet.

Default 1926 Vz24 Germanized

I'm late to the party but I have a 1926 Vz24 that was modified per German orders. It's in terrific condition with very good bore and shoots as well as it did 92 years ago. It appears to be all-matching but I've been told that the bolt is an arsenal replacement since it does not have the letter suffix after the serial number. It has an expertly repaired duffel cut. I also have a Vz23 bayonet that I picked up many years before I got the rifle. Thanks for looking.
    Attached Images Attached Images

bolt renumbered during rework by Germans / Most Germanized VZ24s had the bolt blued by Germans.....

The number and variety of modifications done by the Germans is remarkable......
    Neca eos omnes. Deus suos agnoscet.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234