Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Germanized VZ24 Variations

Quote Originally Posted by ltong29 View Post
    ..re-barreled and rebuilt into a VZ-24 by the Germans.
    Using a Czech barrel no less!

When Czechoslovakia was annexed, is there any existing documentation to show how equipment was transferred from Czechoslovakia to Germany? The Czechoslovak Army was dissolved shortly after the annexation, so I'm assuming these weapons were surrendered and sent to the depots for evaluation and rework. I'm assuming Brno and Bystrica both had spare parts for these reworks

..I'm assuming Brno and Bystrica both had spare parts for these reworks
    I think this is near certainty. Some others have more or less confirmed it. Where the Germanization plan for these was hatched and executed is less certain I think. Both those facilities were inspected and brought under German control and management although production at the time continued as before.

When Czechoslovakia was annexed, is there any existing documentation to show how equipment was transferred from Czechoslovakia to Germany? The Czechoslovak Army was dissolved shortly after the annexation, so I'm assuming these weapons were surrendered and sent to the depots for evaluation and rework. I'm assuming Brno and Bystrica both had spare parts for these reworks

and of course there were spare parts in the Czech army's supply system, as there are in most armies.
    Neca eos omnes. Deus suos agnoscet.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234