Thread: .. 41 / 954 help .

Default .. 41 / 954 help .

.. been trying to help a collector with an ejector for brazilian 954. the repro 43 does not look right. g41 has possibilities. any help appreciated.

>>>>.."" a few ideas. maybe someone here also may help. first, 8mm and .30-06 cartridges are almost the same length. but; the 06 case is about 1/4" longer. could be why that ejector is shorter. several possibilities, first ;;.. i would install that g41 ejector to see if the dimple, pin hole, etc.. fit right. and;;.. maybe the original was not right. the ejector tip may be too long or too high. too high would be easy fix,.. if too long, you may be able to reconfigure it.. i
    don't have a g43 here to look at, only a 41. also;;.. not sure how high up that ejector should ride in the slot in the bottom of the bolt. be careful when ya' check that... don't let the bolt go forward too much or ,,,,,, "" ... clic pic to enlarge ...
    7ASMOqF.jpg << 954 over repro 43 Kuiu2C1.jpg << original g41 ejector

ejctr 018.JPG << G41 ejector .. ejctr 023.JPG << .30-06 case longer than 8mm ??
    Last edited by tbied2; 28th January 2017 at 09:38 PM.

Terrill, the 30-06 cartridge is longer than the 8mm Mauser cartridge, I know this for sure as I'm fabricating Mauser cartridges by cutting down 30-06 cartridges I pick up at the range. This means, the Brazilian 954 bolt and bolt carrier have to travel farther backwards than their G43 counterpart to extract the spent shell and pick up a new round from the mag. Since the 30-06 cartridge is longer, the ejector lever needs to be shorter, IF the ejector spring mechanism is located exactly where the G43 mechanism is.

or you may use 270 but you need to anneal the brass, I use copper cutting tube to shorten and you are set.

Default ///

.... i sent him an e-mail. i think he is still working on it..................??