Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Get Your Wallets Out

Default Get Your Wallets Out

News From SMG

Type I FG42 Last update 01-25-17 The sample is at ATF and . Approved!

Production to start ASAP

Neca eos omnes. Deus suos agnoscet.

I'm ready teddy.

Bring it on.

Cant wait for a post from Rick..

Hi All,
    OK, this blurb is about the type II but just wanted to share.........
    Just wanted to assure you running rounds through your rifle will not hurt it. Sometime last year we sold one (straight production run type II) to Battle Field Vegas as a rental rifle. Now that will separate things out pretty fast as you know it will be shot some - if it holds together....

I can say honestly I crossed my fingers a bit though as it was just a straight production rifle and although we fired 15k plus through the shop rifle until one out in the wild gets some range time people are want to believe it.
    Received this email the other day:
    Rick,

Feel free to mention it being on the range. It's not a super high-round count but it's at least 10,000 rounds and to me, that's pretty amazing. I will be honest and I was just hoping to break even on it before something broke but couldn't be happier with the quality. So many of the reproduction guns on the market use cheap parts or cut corners because mfg's don't have the budget that governments did when originally designing the weapon.

Put us down for another rifle as I definitely want another.

V/R

Battlefield Vegas

So even though they may occasionally have a glitch we did try to build them to last!
    Rick

Quote Originally Posted by smgguns View Post
    Hi All,
    OK, this blurb is about the type II but just wanted to share.........
    Just wanted to assure you running rounds through your rifle will not hurt it. Sometime last year we sold one (straight production run type II) to Battle Field Vegas as a rental rifle. Now that will separate things out pretty fast as you know it will be shot some - if it holds together....

I can say honestly I crossed my fingers a bit though as it was just a straight production rifle and although we fired 15k plus through the shop rifle until one out in the wild gets some range time people are want to believe it.
    Received this email the other day:
    Rick,

Feel free to mention it being on the range. It's not a super high-round count but it's at least 10,000 rounds and to me, that's pretty amazing. I will be honest and I was just hoping to break even on it before something broke but couldn't be happier with the quality. So many of the reproduction guns on the market use cheap parts or cut corners because mfg's don't have the budget that governments did when originally designing the weapon.

Put us down for another rifle as I definitely want another.

V/R

Battlefield Vegas

So even though they may occasionally have a glitch we did try to build them to last!
    Rick
    I had heard that Battlefield Vegas got one of those, did they make it a post-sample or just keep it semi? I can see why they would want another, they look to be a very high quality reproduction. Need to get one someday.

Thanks, When they originally inquired about the rifle I spoke with them about it not being select fire and maybe one day we will get that worked out like it should be. They said it was not that big of a deal to them and just wanted to make sure we would be able to provide spare parts to keep it running for them. I am just happy it has done well.

Honestly it should go way past double that round count - based on results with the shop rifle - before I wouldn't cringe at hearing of a larger problem than a firing pin or something. The only part we have replaced for them to date is a bipod leg broken when the rifle fell off a table. All smiles so far, but know I may be incurring the wrath of Murphy some here..... lol

When does word go out to get our names in line for the Type 1 ?????

Hi Dave,

Any day. Really. I finally put the list of email addresses together and just need to get the form letter dressed out then I start going down the list from the beginning. I am going to probably send out 25 or so and then wait a few days to give people a chance to answer back. Otherwise I will be re-writing the list. At least I hope there will be a list of interest....... This project has taken longer than anticipated and although we are machining parts every day there are still things...... Primarily still the buttstock...

This will be like the type II in that until final decisions are made there are questions on the letter to try to gage not just your interest but your feelings on certain points about the rifle. Really want the rifle to be what people want it to be as always but there are always some trade offs. Doncha just hate that BS. Gonna be cool though I think. Rifle is running well and feels really small in your hands. About 10% more recoil than the type II but weighs less and the muzzle brake is not as efficient I think.

Rick

I'd already seen your videos on this. Looks pretty amazing actually IMHO. Any information on pricing? I hope all goes well with production and sales!

Thanks! Trying to keep it the same price. The biggest unknown, because we just haven't sign along the dotted line yet is the final cost of doing the sheet metal buttstock. The rest we have under control. We have looked at a number of options and they are addressed in the form letter. We would hate to have issues with that stop this cold but it will all come down to what our buyers are willing to accept, even if just temporarily.

Honestly no way in hell we are not building the rifles, as we are even now making the parts, but who buys them will be the unknown for a while maybe.

Put me down now & I will send the money.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast