Thread: K98 with serial number stamped on outside of stock

Default K98 with serial number stamped on outside of stock

Has anyone ever seen a stock with the serial number stamped on the outside? I came across this bnz4 and it's a bit confusing. For some reason the two front barrel bands do not have a serial number on them either. I've attached some pictures, I'll try to get a few more this afternoon. Could this really be a factory error?
    Attached Images Attached Images

You want to stay away from this rifle. The external serial on a bnz.4 is not correct. Exernal SN should have disappeared by 1942 for all manufacturers I believe. If that's wrong someone will come along and correct me. The bolt is renumbered, the firing pin is renumbered, floorplate looks fine, and finally that proof on the receiving is no good.

These guys are 100% correct ///// GUN NO BUENO
    Neca eos omnes. Deus suos agnoscet.

I won't even waste time uploading the other pics. I saw a few random stocks around with serial numbers on the outside but I cannot recall where. It sounds like it's not something to be touched. I don't know why anyone faking things would fake it wrong, but I guess whatever crazy ideas they come up with to try and scam people they'll try.

Run. The others are correct. Look closely at the safety and cleaning rod. The fake serial numbers are awful.