Thread: Also Mississippi

Default Also Mississippi

Neca eos omnes. Deus suos agnoscet.

Look at the fonts on the rear sight in picture 33 tells you alot about this seller. Three of the numbers are worn and faded but one looks fresh compared too the others. Why?

Not too mention read the description very carefully. Correct and desirable "bnz 43" maker/date code in as-captured war-trophy condition and MATCHING SERIAL NUMBERS!! But if you look closely at the stock numbers their not matching too the rifle. So folks if you buy from this guy you better look closely at everything and read the description. From what I have seen so far from this seller he wouldn't get a dime from me ever.

Yeah, what a liar - says matching numbers but photos clearly show stock number is mismatched.
    Buy the Karabiner98k and Kriegsmodell book direct from the authors - www.thirdpartypress.com

But the 9 matches!!
    "The right to keep and bear arms should not be infringed upon, if only to prevent tyranny in government"
    Thomas Jefferson,; Constitutional debates

But if you have two of the correct numbers and their not in the right order does that still count. Is there a such thing as close too matching, almost matching, or maybe somewhat matching?

Yes he's a master bullshitter. "100% correct", "period correct", "original". You and I know this guy knows it's not as it should be. He tries to choose his words very carefully and it shows.

Well its getting close too $1200 now. Pricey for a stock mismatched rifle.

I love this description by the way: "This rifle was a war-trophy and has no import marks or postwar markings or modifications! It was NOT duffle cut or sporterized, just stuck in a closet and forgotten for many years. It is exactly as it was issued and captured!

Sure it was! I'm betting this rifle had a sportized stock that still had its matching barrel bands and hand-guard. Seem that many times. Speaking of which a friend of mine picked up Mauser made K98k rifle for cheap a few weeks ago exactly as stated in my description. Anyway he found a correct Steyr made stock and stuck the rifle in that. Nothing wrong with selling a restored K98k like that.

But list it as such or state its not matching.

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior1354 View Post
    ...Anyway he found a correct Steyr made stock and stuck the rifle in that. Nothing wrong with selling a restored K98k like that.

But list it as such or state its not matching.
    Ah ha! But now we change words to like '100% correct' or 'correct marked xxx maker'. Technically it isn't a lie, but it is hiding or obscuring facts he knows.

This recent sale is a perfect example. What he doesn't say is more important.

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/642440603

Well it sold for $1530. Expensive for a stock mismatched rifle. I guess the people who had 36 bids on this rifle should have read the fine print. I'm still wondering what the winning bidder is going to say when he receives this rifle and finds out it's not matching.

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior1354 View Post
    Well it sold for $1530. Expensive for a stock mismatched rifle. I guess the people who had 36 bids on this rifle should have read the fine print. I'm still wondering what the winning bidder is going to say when he receives this rifle and finds out it's not matching.
    This is the truth. It should be a general rule anyway, but with this one and a few others you really need to read EVERY word carefully. And then re-read it.