Thread: K43 Sniper? Very Rough

Default K43 Sniper? Very Rough

This needs a little work. What is going on with that mount? I am not convinced they belong to each other.

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/646542302

Not safe to shoot. In all honesty, not even a parts donor. Mount looks interesting, Bubba Special.

Wow! The heat took care that. Toast.

Wow indeed. That was some fire.

Quote Originally Posted by mdarnell19 View Post
    This needs a little work. What is going on with that mount? I am not convinced they belong to each other.

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/646542302
    It looks like a three piece mount with LSR type adjustments, never seen it before

Quote Originally Posted by clntnlvr View Post
    It looks like a three piece mount with LSR type adjustments, never seen it before
    The mount has provisions for elevation and windage adjustment, something not needed for a ZF4.

The cradle is definitely accommodating a ZF4, maybe this is a universal mount with the option for different cradles for different scopes. I think it's too wobbly under recoil to be considered a genuine concept.

Wow !!!!!!
    Neca eos omnes. Deus suos agnoscet.

Quote Originally Posted by clntnlvr View Post
    Its an odd mount for sure ?????? Cant see how it adjusts ? Might be worth grabbing if it goes cheap.

The mount is configured much as a Russian sniper as far as adjustments are laid out. What ever it is, the wear on it is consistent with the remainder of the parts. Seems doubtful that is a bubba piece. The entire mount is different than standard and most likely could not have been made from even 2 separate originals.
    Last edited by rick walter; 18th May 2017 at 04:54 PM.