Thread: Bob Walker jr.

Default Bob Walker jr.

this time of year, i switch my focus from the rifles to my true passion, driving the racecar. much like the firearm collecting hobby this is a rare antique that deserves to be out in the action. not locked in the vault.

Holy sh*t what motor is in that SWEET vehicle???>

for those who want the short story: a 470 inch 900 HP Big Block Chevy.

for those who want the long story:
    my daddy and uncles were racecar drivers. when i was a boy of 5 in 63, this is the type of car i saw and dreamed of one day racing myself. I have spent my entire life as a drag racer, mechanic, prototype inventor, machinist, painter, Tig Welder and metal fabricator in the racecar and now military robotics industry.
    so, from scratch, i built this 63 Impala with help from older peoples memories, old magazines, an engine left over from my Dragboat (i am the 1996 super stock flatbottom dragboat world champ)
    a bunch of leftover parts from my red 63 (the one with the 409 i have had for 33 years) a pile of 4130-chromemoly tubing to make the lightest strongest rollcage, and an old body i rescued from the crusher. i re-did the body, frame, sheetmetal and painted it. (my friend Chuck lettered it) i built the engine in 1995, the trans in 2005 and the rear axle is completely custom and can handle 2000HP all the modern parts are disguised to look really old school.
    this car is a nostalgia super stocker and from a standing start, 0-133mph in 10.3 seconds. it is my dream come true after some years of serious hard work. when my friends and family were at the beach or some fun activity, i was home sandblasting or some other nasty job. this is what i have to show for my time. the older folks who come to the dragstrip really seem to like it, it seems to bring back lots of memories.

PS: i tried to upload some pics of it's construction and was denied for lack of a "security token"? administrator, can u fix this?

here a few videos of the Loving Chevrolet in action:

http://www.youtube.com/user/walkerheaders

those of you who braved the long story, thanx for asking.
    Last edited by walkerheaders; 10th April 2009 at 08:59 AM.
    Bob Walker Jr.
    Gunbroker and ebay name: walkerheaders

just a picture test. this is my other car.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Bob Walker Jr.

Default finaly found a pic of myself

here ya go. not much to see here folks
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Bob Walker Jr.

Here is my other passion as well, 1970 Dodge Dart Swinger with a 472 John Aruzza built Hemi. It puts out 700 hp on pump gas. Duel quads, 4 speed. It will smoke the tires at 60mph. A dangerous ride. I donít race it though only drive it to local shows.