Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VK98

Default VK98

Neca eos omnes. Deus suos agnoscet.

Seems high.....but I like it.

I don't recall seeing or handling one of these. Any idea how many were produced?

1k per picture... hmmm

Quote Originally Posted by Willi View Post
    I don't recall seeing or handling one of these. Any idea how many were produced?
    10,000 produced, starting in January 1945 when the first ones were delivered.
    Buy the Karabiner98k and Kriegsmodell book direct from the authors - www.thirdpartypress.com

I don't like it.
    This one looks too close to a K98, I could fabricate one of these in my garage from late war parts, using only a hobby lathe and vertical mill.
    The fact that Collector's Firearm has offered 3 of these VK-98 recently doesn't help either.

Thanks for the info mrfarb. Since I know nothing about them all I can say is it looks to be in very nice shape.

Quote Originally Posted by GunKraut View Post
    I don't like it.
    This one looks too close to a K98, I could fabricate one of these in my garage from late war parts, using only a hobby lathe and vertical mill.
    The fact that Collector's Firearm has offered 3 of these VK-98 recently doesn't help either.
    There's 3 for sale by them right now......

They have the money to acquire such a number. Notice the half a mil worth of Gatling guns they are offering. Of course each piece must be considered individually

Default VK98

I would be very suspect considering most have slab side stocks with no butt plate. I would need to see closeups of the upper sling loop. It would be easy for someone to create this stock and add a wire loop.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast