Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: VK98

I agree but, some have the oversized stocks. This seems to be one. More photos and "in hand" is always nice.

The sling is not correct. Someone's wet dream for sure. Looks like a dagger type cross strap ??

All 3 of the VK98's they have are real, and came from the Craig Brown collection. You really should study these, they are pretty easy to verify. For starters, the first 2500 or so were made with cut down K98k stocks like this one has *(this is one of the first 600), then slab side stocks came in, then more cut down stocks. Anyway, all of the ones they have are real albeit overpriced in my opinion. I just bought one exactly like this in a little more worn condition for like 2k.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Buy the Karabiner98k and Kriegsmodell book direct from the authors - www.thirdpartypress.com

Quote Originally Posted by mrfarb View Post
    All 3 of the VK98's they have are real, and came from the Craig Brown collection. You really should study these, they are pretty easy to verify. For starters, the first 2500 or so were made with cut down K98k stocks like this one has *(this is one of the first 600), then slab side stocks came in, then more cut down stocks. Anyway, all of the ones they have are real albeit overpriced in my opinion. I just bought one exactly like this in a little more worn condition for like 2k.
    So you wanna make $500

Every one I have seen / handled HAD a firing proof ///// This one apparently does not, that bothers me
    Neca eos omnes. Deus suos agnoscet.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12