Thread: Interesting "Vet Bring Back"

Default Interesting "Vet Bring Back"

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/682027159

Interesting stock for a "vet bring back" pre-war K98k. Aside from the wrong stock, I feel like something is off about the rifle as a whole

This is a true vet bring back with no import marks and it does have a duffle cut.
    I guess there must have been three capture piles, one for bolts and trigger guards, one for actions and barrel bands and one for stocks.
    Oh, no wait, a field armorer replaced the stock and didn't have time to put on the correct bayonet lug because it was already late in the war and the Russian where at the gates.
    And then, when they boarded the troop vessel home to the U.S., the G.I.'s had to surrender the bolts and trigger guards to the ship's commander and a mix up happened when the soldiers got ready for deboarding.

Now it all makes sense to me. It's a bring back and not some rifle Uncle Wilbur put together in the shed from parts he bought at Billy Bob's yard sale.

Quote Originally Posted by GunKraut View Post
    I guess there must have been three capture piles, one for bolts and trigger guards, one for actions and barrel bands and one for stocks.
    Oh, no wait, a field armorer replaced the stock and didn't have time to put on the correct bayonet lug because it was already late in the war and the Russian where at the gates.
    And then, when they boarded the troop vessel home to the U.S., the G.I.'s had to surrender the bolts and trigger guards to the ship's commander and a mix up happened when the soldiers got ready for deboarding.

Now it all makes sense to me. It's a bring back and not some rifle Uncle Wilbur put together in the shed from parts he bought at Billy Bob's yard sale.
    LOL. Or this. For shipping purposes and to conserve space all rifles were disassembled, dumped into tri-walls and then when they arrived at home port the GIs had to reassemble their rifles on the dock.

Quote Originally Posted by heavy_mech View Post
    LOL. Or this. For shipping purposes and to conserve space all rifles were disassembled, dumped into tri-walls and then when they arrived at home port the GIs had to reassemble their rifles on the dock.
    Yes, & without screwdrivers just to make it difficult....
    Neca eos omnes. Deus suos agnoscet.