Thread: Splendid 4th Reich Sniper

Default Splendid 4th Reich Sniper

Neca eos omnes. Deus suos agnoscet.

Backboner. Is this one of those Mitchells 'totally matching, totally correct' sniper not snipers?

So rare, so desirable, what can I say ??????

One of those extremely rare dot ZF41s. Better jump on this gem (With a sledge hammer)
    "The right to keep and bear arms should not be infringed upon, if only to prevent tyranny in government"
    Thomas Jefferson,; Constitutional debates

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfmann View Post
    One of those extremely rare dot ZF41s. Better jump on this gem (With a sledge hammer)

Why so rare ??????? None were recorded as being made, because Hitler was sure dot zf41s were going to change the outcome of the war in Germany's favor...... According to Al Gore

OK rare is the wrong word for zero, none

An old German vet told me these were such a failure on the Russian front they packed up the scopes and mounts and shipped them to North Africa in sealed containers. The ship was sunk near a NA port and the containers were salvaged after the war with the scopes in good shape. They were sent to importers in Germany where they were mounted to K98ks of all different makes (no one seemed to care then) and imported to the USA.
    Not sure how accurate that story is but most ZF41s I have seen are not from the actual makers with JP Sauer the most prevalent but BNZ, BCD, dou and dot etc all showing up.

I love the "This is the real deal, vet bring back BS"
    I politely (as much as I can be polite) ask if they would like to know the truth or if they would prefer just believing a story very much not true. They always say they want to know but it becomes obvious they wish they had never agreed to listen once informed.

I may not be much of an expert not even close but its not hard to learn their were only 3 ZF41 makes of K98ks (There were some conversions of KKW and DSM34s)
    "The right to keep and bear arms should not be infringed upon, if only to prevent tyranny in government"
    Thomas Jefferson,; Constitutional debates