Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Single claw?

Default Single claw?

Yes the barreled action and bases are real. The upper rings are fake. Can't see a serial number on the barrel so I'd guess it's a late 1943 assembled rifle.

Beware / seller is a 1st class turd monger....
    Neca eos omnes. Deus suos agnoscet.

Keep in mind the barrel has been replaced, it is from a later rifle - note where the firing proof landed when the barrel was replaced. Would be a terrible resto project due to this.
    Buy the Karabiner98k and Kriegsmodell book direct from the authors - www.thirdpartypress.com

That barrel fire proof is a dead giveaway. Hard to make that one look any better with a resto. Quite a description that seller has.

Quote Originally Posted by mrfarb View Post
    Keep in mind the barrel has been replaced, it is from a later rifle - note where the firing proof landed when the barrel was replaced. Would be a terrible resto project due to this.
    Good catch. I didn't notice that the first time. So then I wonder if the sight base numbers are fake.

That's why they call you the "expert" Farbbutt.

Someone one took the bait and is bidding on it.

Elite and Commonwealth keeps reeling them in!

People who do not practice due diligence deserve the screwing they get from this seller.
    Neca eos omnes. Deus suos agnoscet.

Well someone paid over $2,000 for it! WTF are these people bidding on good grief.

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior1354 View Post
    Well someone paid over $2,000 for it! WTF are these people bidding on good grief.
    Shhh.... It makes me feel better about the ridicules amount I paid for my rifle.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast