Thread: bcd 42 "dumpster fire"

Default bcd 42 "dumpster fire"

Talking about this on the K98k forum ( I love the dumpster fire analogy), here it is in all of it's glory. I'm just saying, an ignorant buyer/dealer will believe anything and sell anything. I use the term ignorant in the Webster's Dictionary sense.

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/668027026
    Last edited by mrfarb; 24th September 2017 at 07:39 AM.
    Buy the Karabiner98k and Kriegsmodell book direct from the authors - www.thirdpartypress.com

Quote Originally Posted by mrfarb View Post
    ..I use the term ignorant in the Webster's Dictionary sense.
    I'm not really so sure in this case. My number one problem with this guy is the phucking bullshit 'stories' he writes about these things. This one is actually short by his standards. It obvious reading these he knows something about something, but the spin is always positive and correct, even when it's obvious it isn't. So is he 'ignorant' or a liar? I don't know for sure, but I have my suspicions. Remember the giant hunk of epoxy right in the area of the bolt handle cutout you noticed??? Perfectly hidden in that BS shadow and nary a mention in the 3 paragraphs he wrote below. Honest oversight? He really didn't see it?

I've been thinking about this, and these sellers are blatantly fraudulent and selling counterfeit items, which is a clear violation of GunBroker's user agreement. I've made initial contact to Gun Broker regarding their position on this matter. I highly doubt they are going to care, but I will let everyone know if anything comes of it. Unfortunately I really think the only way they will act is if there is a significant amount of complaints and blow back...

b. Seller Undertakings

(ii) You represent to us that ... (B) the sale of your Items on the Site will not (1) be fraudulent or involve the sale of counterfeit or stolen items,

I am glad that you posted the mention of gunbroker terms. I have wanted to type this for a couple days and just have not had the place to do it.

I bought a G43 from him and it was the most excruciating couple days of my life. His wording in his descriptions is so deceptive. That was not the most deceptive thing that he did though. He added a MASSIVE terms and conditions section to the additional information page. You would have the click on the additional terms tab to even see it. How many of you guys do that on a regular basis?

He lists all his auctions as 3 day inspection period. If you were to click on the terms and condition page, you would see a dense document stating that you had 3 days to make contact with gunbroker and get gunbroker to tell him to allow a return. This is in NO way possible to do. I had Hambone (a lawyer) read over it and it was compiled by someone familiar with the legal system because it was so viciously misleading. He is NOT your average seller.

The last auction I listed I noticed that when you selected a return period in the drop down menu, there was a warning from gunbroker saying that you HAD to abide by the listed amount of days and terms no matter what is stated in your ad or under additional information.

This shows that gunbroker must have gotten a ton of complaints about this and stopped him from doing it. He no longer lists anything under additional terms, but good luck returning anything.

I've love to see him, hormando (sp?), and Elite Collection kicked off GB forever, but I have only have so much time to invest in it. I also haven't purchased from either of them, so GB probably cares less about me than someone else who has, if one can even care that little. I don't know how recent your transaction was, but if it was recent you should give GB an ear full. I believe you have the opportunity to adjust your comments as well if you haven't already.

It bothers me too. Not as much as it did at one time, but I do agree with your assessments. I stop short of calling them 'liars' but given their demonstrated level of knowledge they can no longer claim ignorance or that they just 'didn't know'. I wouldn't buy an item from any of those you listed if I was using your money.