Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BEND OVER HERE IT COMES

Or could be the republicans will continue to do what they have done since January - pass no substantive legislation and collect donor money. Saw Ryan stammering on the SHARE Act homina homina homina. Not like it would ever get past the senate anyway. Maybe on a positive it will compel them to (unwillingly) keep a promise or two on taxes out of the need to stay "busy" and avoid a SHARE vote.

Quote Originally Posted by Willi View Post
    I must agree with Wulfmann, toss them a bone on the bump stocks. Stay vigilant.
    I agree, But any success emboldens them to try for the ultimate, which is confiscation.......
    Neca eos omnes. Deus suos agnoscet.

That's the problem of dealing with these idiots. You give them one inch and they will long jump over it. It will start with the bump stocks, and then they will move on with the assault rifles again and large-capacity magazines. Probably try to get a ban again or they'll pay you for you too turn them in. Then they'll go after handguns again, eventually work their way too long guns over certain calibers. It's a never-ending process they keep going until there's none left.

In their eyes the Second Amendment is only for muskets. I guess they thought the forefathers were so stupid they would never think weapons would ever advance in time. If they believe that the first amendment only entitles to you to speak out in public and whatever you write down with a pen and quill. If it is spoken on TV or social media it doesn't count because they didn't have that back then

I know they want confiscation, but that is much harder to achieve. Lots of dems own guns too.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    I agree, But any success emboldens them to try for the ultimate, which is confiscation.......

The difference here is these were approved during the Obama administration and if that is a prominent part of the ban we can show they are such dumb asses they allow these dangerous devices and they don't know what they are doing as this proves.

The way this takes places is important and could help gun rights.

This is rare example of when we should "throw them a bone" but I agree this is extremely rare as we should fight every little attempt.
    Not on these thought but IMO
    "The right to keep and bear arms should not be infringed upon, if only to prevent tyranny in government"
    Thomas Jefferson,; Constitutional debates

Just listening to El Rushbo, he played a bite of that stupid bint Pelosi. She is the leader of the "we have to do something" crowd. This is perfect, a bone, in her a$$.

republicans are brewing up some courage and look to actually be wanting to do something and NRA looks to be dusting off their "controlled descent" strategy. If a stock & trigger ban is imminent, it would be nice to see it attached to the SHARE Act. Gun owners get a net gain that way.

Default Republicans who have found some energy named:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12