Thread: byf45

Highly unlikely any byf45 marked rifle was issued with an unnumbered bolt, which isn't a guarantee, but I'd treat it just like a bolt mismatch even if it was original.
    Buy the Karabiner98k and Kriegsmodell book direct from the authors - www.thirdpartypress.com

Spot on, bolt doesn't work for me, either
    Neca eos omnes. Deus suos agnoscet.

Quote Originally Posted by mrfarb View Post
    Highly unlikely any byf45 marked rifle was issued with an unnumbered bolt, which isn't a guarantee, but I'd treat it just like a bolt mismatch even if it was original.
    Any idea where a totally unmarked bolt could come from? I understand the s/n pad on the bolt handle could be milled off. But what about all the other components? Made up of miscellaneous pieces and then blued to match? I can think of lots of scenarios as to how this could come to be but I wonder what you might think.

Without detailed photos of the parts its impossible to know, but there are many different unnumbered bolt bodies and rear assemblies out there.
    Buy the Karabiner98k and Kriegsmodell book direct from the authors - www.thirdpartypress.com