Thread: Breaking News

Default Breaking News

There IS a Cure For Stupid !!!!!

A grim discovery was made Thursday in the search for a 79-year-old woman who wandered away from a senior facility in Australia, and went for a swim in a crocodile-infested creek.

Queensland Police said they found human remains, in addition to clothing and a walking stick belonging to Anne Cameron, who was reported missing Tuesday from a facility in Port Douglas, Sky News Australia reported.

"Because of the proximity of these items and this unknown material located near this creek bank, we cannot rule out the possibility of a croc attack," Acting Inspector Ed Lukin told reporters at a news conference.

Police said the remains found at Port Douglas have been sent for further testing, but there is no indication of foul play.

Cameron is believed to have removed her clothing before going into the creek, authorities said.
    Neca eos omnes. Deus suos agnoscet.

People with Alzheimers are not stupid. They have brain damage. My mom is dying from it. I hope your mom is OK Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by Willi View Post
    People with Alzheimers are not stupid. They have brain damage. My mom is dying from it. I hope your mom is OK Dave.

The news release did not state she was mentally impaired. My Mother died Dec 25 1990, while I was deployed in the Gulf War.
    Neca eos omnes. Deus suos agnoscet.

First thought reading that was dementia. No idea about Oz, but lots of facilities here have alarmed doors for that reason - sometimes they go for a walk not knowing where they are, what year it is, etc. Alzheimer's got an aunt and uncle. Sad way to go.

Sorry to hear about your mom Dave. Alzheimers and dementia are wicked diseases. Brutal to watch, helpless best sums it up.