Thread: Unmarked svw45 p38

Default Unmarked svw45 p38

I guess this was re listed after a non paying bidder. Thoughts on it?

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/716859761

IMO it's too hard to verify from these photos, and they are good photos. I'd say the only way to be sure it's legit is in hand, and someone returned it? Or maybe backed out, I think it went high. Anyway, it's not a wartime German issued gun without inspections, put it in the same category as unnumbered bcd45's and such i guess.
    Buy the Karabiner98k and Kriegsmodell book direct from the authors - www.thirdpartypress.com

Quote Originally Posted by mrfarb View Post
    IMO it's too hard to verify from these photos, and they are good photos. I'd say the only way to be sure it's legit is in hand, and someone returned it? Or maybe backed out, I think it went high. Anyway, it's not a wartime German issued gun without inspections, put it in the same category as unnumbered bcd45's and such i guess.

Exactly ............
    Neca eos omnes. Deus suos agnoscet.

i had an ac41 f block with no acceptance on the frame. that had to be just a rare oversight though.

If it's legit, it would be pretty rare, even though it's a GI captured/assembled gun. A GI assembled mm Walther (AC45) would be ~$650. One with no serial numbers on the 4 main pieces (slide, frame, barrel, locking block) would carry a premium, how much who can say. However, GI captured Mausers are far less abundant than Walthers. The Walther factory was pillaged. The Mauser factory, not so much.. the French restarted production fairly quickly I believe. If it were a German issued wartime SVW45, all phosphated, with all the stamps, it would be ~$2-3K depending on condition.

looks nice///a cigarette p38? Wasnt bought under contract by the WH.