Thread: Screw Belks

Default Screw Belks

We will not shop there....

Belk has given Salvation Army bell-ringers and their iconic red kettles the heave-ho --- just in time for the Christmas season.

The national department store chain will no longer allow Salvation Army volunteers to man kettles outside their stores -- a move that is expected to result in a $1 million drop in donations.
    "It's a huge impact for us," Salvation Army Lt. Rob Dolby told the Todd Starnes Show. "Those funds go to operate Christmas programs serving tens of thousands of kids.
    Dolby works with the Salvation Army in Anderson, South Carolina. He said the money dropped into those kettles also funds the operation of shelters, addiction and treatment facilities and youth programs.

Cnotact them:

http://www.belk.com/customer-service/
    Last edited by Dave; 2nd December 2017 at 09:35 PM.
    Neca eos omnes. Deus suos agnoscet.

Never heard of them. Good riddance.

Default Sepp44

When I was a CPS worker for 32 years, (Childrens Protective Services) in Contra Costa County, Calif., the Salvation Army was the only organization I'd trust to see that kids got help. Some guys need to get their head out of their kiester.

The bastards reversed their decision.... Funny how lost revenue can change things...

Belk, like Ebenezer Scrooge on Christmas Day, has seen the error of its way and reversed its decision to ban Salvation Army bell-ringers from its department stores.

“When our customers speak, we listen,” a company spokesman told the Todd Starnes Radio Show. “And our customers have been loud and clear about their passion for the Salvation Army.

We strongly support the Salvation Army"

Yeah, right.........
    Neca eos omnes. Deus suos agnoscet.

I only give to the Salvation Army. And the firemen who stand in the street a couple times a year. And the USMC Toys for Tots. I must be a bleeding heart lib.