Thread: Ungrateful Millenials

Default Ungrateful Millenials

Anyone Else Have This Problem

What’s Happened to Thank-You Notes?

The holiday gifts and checks have been sent and received … or have they?

Millennials, in particular, seem oblivious to the rules of etiquette. USA Today dubbed them “Awful Millennial Manners.”

A 60 Minutespoll this year found that only 23 percent of those surveyed consider thank You notes important or necessary.

Patricia Gannon, a Louisiana newspaper columnist, laments the millennial manners. “Millennials do not say thank-you for either gifts or when you do favors for them,” she said last week from Baton Rouge. “There’s a growing gap between the way they behave and what society expects of them.”

My oldest son 39 and his wife also 39, NEVER bother to even verbally thank us for anything we give them or their children, much less send a Thank You card. We had to call them repeatedly to ask if their Christmas presents, including a check for a substantial cash gift, had arrived.

No Christmas card from them, and UPS delivered a $50.00 AMAZON gift card to us at 8:00 PM on 23 December, with no note or anything inside to even suggest who had mailed it. We had to call them to see if the damned gift was from them.

So here is New Years Resolution # 1

In 2018 imagine their being upset when we chose to ignore their and their children's important days and Christmas. I'm sure they will be offended. Imagine that !!!!!!
    Neca eos omnes. Deus suos agnoscet.

I was able to beat out the other candidates for my first job because I sent a thank you letter for the interview. The director didn't tell me until I had worked for them for six months. He said their were three/four people who were at the same level and my letter ended up being the tiebreaker. He was really impressed that I sent it out next day air. Side note, I was training a group of people to take over my previous job and the bosses boss would not let me leave the job to mail it. With a smile he said, I am not letting you leave because you will not come back until tomorrow. He shoved it into the next day envelope and said, "This should get their attention, now get back to work." When my parents give my children presents I thank them and make sure my children thank them as well. I guess I am falling short as I don't write any thank you notes. When my mom asks if my kids are playing with their gifts, the answer is always yes.

Well at least you stay in touch, but a simple note would bring a big smile to Mom's face / The only time Tom & Jackie have time for us is when the want something. Give it to them, and invariably they want more / better.....
    Neca eos omnes. Deus suos agnoscet.