Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Destroyed G43

These are the guns I wonder about most.

A sportered rifle always sucks but you can see why the guy did it. A sporting arm was not affordable
    To lighten the one up you got for free and have at it. BUT this surely cost more to make then a new sporter was worth....ugh

There's bad and then there's horrific. This one is hard to even look it. IMHO it's not even slightly visually appealing. Trainwreck meets dumpster fire

stock worth more than gun

There is not one part on this abomination that hasn't been butchered.
    So they turned the gas block upside down and made it the "nose" of the stock while taking the front sight and turning it into a decorative holder for the shortened op-rod? There is no way this is still a semi-auto, I can't see how the current setup can even function. There's no gas cylinder at all, I think this is by far the worst illogical bubba job I've seen in a long time. It's in great cosmetic condition. I think the seller should get a boat, he already has a pretty anchor.

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianAR View Post
    These are the guns I wonder about most.

A sportered rifle always sucks but you can see why the guy did it. A sporting arm was not affordable
    To lighten the one up you got for free and have at it. BUT this surely cost more to make then a new sporter was worth....ugh
    Totally agree. My dad had a 1903 Springfield that if not for a recoil pad and drill/tap for a mount would have been stone cold mint. When I got old enough to comprehend the sacrilege he had committed I gave him some grief about it and asked why. He said he could buy the Springfield and bubba it for $35 or pay 200 for a "nice" one. He had to keep a roof overhead and food on the table for three rugrats and 200 wasn't an option at the time. Understood.

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Ranger View Post
    Totally agree. My dad had a 1903 Springfield that if not for a recoil pad and drill/tap for a mount would have been stone cold mint. When I got old enough to comprehend the sacrilege he had committed I gave him some grief about it and asked why. He said he could buy the Springfield and bubba it for $35 or pay 200 for a "nice" one. He had to keep a roof overhead and food on the table for three rugrats and 200 wasn't an option at the time. Understood.
    Yes, 40-50 or more years ago this was standard response. Guys doing it today?? "Hey baby, remember that shit I was doing in the garage? Guess what, I turned Pappy's old $3k rifle into a $300 abortion!"

Quote Originally Posted by heavy_mech View Post
    Yes, 40-50 or more years ago this was standard response. Guys doing it today?? "Hey baby, remember that shit I was doing in the garage? Guess what, I turned Pappy's old $3k rifle into a $300 abortion!"
    True - not much rationale for butchery today other than really bad taste.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12