Thread: Over Priced byf 43

Default Over Priced byf 43

Appears okay, but from Mississippi

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/743773787
    Neca eos omnes. Deus suos agnoscet.

This rifle will go for a fucking ridiculous price. NR buyers putting up big numbers with days and day left? I predict $5k. Ridiculous. Honestly, with this sort of insanity happening on gunbroker, why should any of us sell our nicest rifles to eachother at realistic prices when mo moneys can be be had on the gunbroker circus?

Quote Originally Posted by NathanLM View Post
    This rifle will go for a fucking ridiculous price. NR buyers putting up big numbers with days and day left? I predict $5k. Ridiculous. Honestly, with this sort of insanity happening on gunbroker, why should any of us sell our nicest rifles to eachother at realistic prices when mo moneys can be be had on the gunbroker circus?
    Because if one of us put something nice on there it would sell for $800

Because Nathan new collectors and less inform buyers are sold on big descriptions with fancy words. Saying near mint, unissued condition, near pristine, gorgeous and immaculate, rich original bluing rates at 99%, Mechanically excellent, appearing almost unfired, museum-quality and text-book correct, a peerless investment-grade.

And then on top of that you have the sellers big description of himself.

Exclusive and uncommon items, released from my hand-picked personal collection to make room for new additions.
    TRUE auctions and fixed price listings without bs reserves or hidden fees!!
    What you see is what you are buying, every time!!
    Three day item inspection period!!
    Up to $1500 of FREE SHIPPING INSURANCE per item for your peace of mind!!
    FREE TRACKING on your shipment for your security and convenience!!
    60-day Payment Plan option for your convenience!!
    First rate packing and careful handling of your new treasure

If you really read his rifle's descriptions the information is incredibly poor. He really doesn't say much about the rifle in what should be numbered or why the fonts or like this, etc. Its all about how mint it is, how great it is, and how flawless it is. That is what sells these kind buyers a big dangling carrot. It was just last night he sold that fake ZF41 calling it some rare wartime prototype. But some buyer bought in too the bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by NathanLM View Post
    I've often thought that, but the reason I sell to other collectors at reasonable prices is reciprocation (and you know the following which is why you do it). I sell to people at good prices, they find something I like at a show and instantly think of me helping them out, then I get an email and I get a nice rifle for my collection. I think highly of that guy, then think of him next time I sell something cool. Also, I see someone like you sell a friend a good rifle at a good price and also think highly of you and help you out when I can. When I see (or hear) of someone gouging prices to people I think less of them, and steer people away from that person either intentionally or subliminally. It's what friends are for. People like this guy are opportunist, they always were and always will be a pariah on the community at large, but are indeed a part of the community as a whole. When it's time to retire and I'm done collecting, that's when I take my profit.
    Buy the Karabiner98k and Kriegsmodell book direct from the authors - www.thirdpartypress.com

I highly doubt that the NR are all legit. It wouldn't past me for this guy to use TOR browsing to bump his price up with his own personal collection of accounts. GB doesn't give two shits either. The higher the sale price the higher their commission.

I think there is a new wave of NR bidders on gunbroker. I have had a lot of NR and 1 feedback bidding on some of my items. They asked questions before, and they seem legit.

I remember first starting out and not getting the concept of bidding online. I think we all take it for granted and forget that it takes a while for someone to feel comfortable buying online.