Thread: Trading Discipline for Self-Esteem?

Default Trading Discipline for Self-Esteem?

https://www.military.com/daily-news/...-training.html

"sense of entitlement" - who can be surprised at that? I was just an Air Force weenie but took Combat Skills at Ft. Dix. We were pretty well spooked when we got there. The Army instructor assigned to my squad actually worked on getting us to relax a bit so we could learn something. Things may have changed over 30 years of wimpification.

... that first pic says it all. ,,, the two females seem to be a little off.

When I was in basic training and we failed to march in lockstep and our boots were just pitter-pattering, the drill sergeant would yell "Lord, this sound like a goat shitting on a tin drum". If you know what goat shit looks like you'll get the idea. I hated that fucker.

My dad mentioned something about a painted rock that had to be carried around if someone "f*cked up". The person got to carry the rock until someone else "f*cked up". If someone fell asleep in class or was late (the two infractions that I remember him mentioning, I am sure there were others) this would help them remember not to do it again. It had to be effective because my father said that he made it a point not to "f*ck up".

The old way was best.

3 rules

1. Do Not Insult Their Mothers .

2. Do Not Spit In Their Faces.

3. Do Not Leave Bruises .

Other than that the maggots catch Hell.....

ALL armies exist for 2 reasons.

To Break Things & Kill People.....
    Neca eos omnes. Deus suos agnoscet.