Thread: Fishing For Bidders

Default Fishing For Bidders

Neca eos omnes. Deus suos agnoscet.

Claims that "Since the market determines value, I came here to find it's "true" value.", yet sets a reserve... More like you didn't get an offer you liked on Gunboards...

Quote Originally Posted by ltong29 View Post
    Claims that "Since the market determines value, I came here to find it's "true" value.", yet sets a reserve... More like you didn't get an offer you liked on Gunboards...
    Nailed it. “True value would have NO reserve.”

"on Gunboard. The experts there were really enthusiastic about the rifle" I must have missed that? I wonder which 'experts' they were?

"they were enamored with the wood. This rifle never sat in a puddle " What???

"I was going to call it excellent, but that depends on your perspective." Umm I'm not sure what to say exactly but that's not even close to what I'd call 'excellent'. Overall impression is this guy is in dream world. I'm betting he's going to be quite disappointed again.

In other words, opening bid of $0.01, reserve price of $10,000. Now let the auction run its course and see how much someone is willing to bid on it in the final 15 minutes. Rifle won't sell because reserve wasn't met, so up it goes again with a Buy Now price of 10% above the previous highest bid. What a genius...

Two different NRs slamming away with bids with a +2 thrown in the middle with 1 bid? I'm sure that's not a scam.

It's an import marked, bolt mismatch for God's sake! I'm actually interested to see how high this gets pushed. My thoughts are it will never actually sell for anything close to what the final bid number is.

Quote Originally Posted by heavy_mech View Post
    Two different NRs slamming away with bids with a +2 thrown in the middle with 1 bid? I'm sure that's not a scam.

It's an import marked, bolt mismatch for God's sake! I'm actually interested to see how high this gets pushed. My thoughts are it will never actually sell for anything close to what the final bid number is.
    You missed this: "Please note this is the Marksman model." It's a marksman model. Obviously it's gonna go for a high price, bolt m/m or not.

From the website: "Thanks to the internet, I was able to find a picture taken during the war of an SS soldier shooting my carbine.., well, maybe not MY carbine, but maybe…."
    Also, this COULD be the rifle he's selling! Never mind that it's an SS soldier in the picture. It's possible. We just don't know™