Thread: POS G43

Default POS G43

Neca eos omnes. Deus suos agnoscet.

Gah! Mangled BCD!

What ever could have been the reason for the second recoil lug hole? I feel like I have seen another one like this here in the last couple months.

Quote Originally Posted by rick walter View Post
    What ever could have been the reason for the second recoil lug hole? I feel like I have seen another one like this here in the last couple months.
    The stock is off a late war ac45. Walther moved the recoil lug about 3/4" forward. Someone drilled a second hole to fit the bcd and plugged the ac45 hole.

Learn something every day. No wonder I have seen this more than once. Thank you

Yes, Darrin Weaver would not believe me about the recoil lug change of location, until I took an early and late Walther to him. Hitler's Garands, lower right, page 144......

Quote Originally Posted by GunKraut View Post
    The stock is off a late war ac45. Walther moved the recoil lug about 3/4" forward. Someone drilled a second hole to fit the bcd and plugged the ac45 hole.
    Now there are those "EXPURTS" who will scream "DAT DON"T MEAN NUFFIN", DEM NOTZI DONE DIDS ALZ KINDS OF THANGS AT DA END" O" DA WAR........

You schooled Darrin Weaver on G43's?

I am not worthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogerbutthead View Post
    You schooled Darrin Weaver on G43's?

I am not worthy.
    There was a time when Darrin was a lowly young Captain / Phy. Asst. in the army. He became obsessed with the G 43 rifle. He then decided to become the G43 expert, and write the book. At the time we lived a couple of miles apart and I owned 15 G/K 43 types. Darrin spent hours going over the guns, doing research and contacting other collectors. That was a long time ago and he did become very knowledgeable. Indeed FAR more knowledgeable than I ever pretended to be. I also have to admit introducing Mike Steves to the mystery of 98k collecting, look what that led to......