Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: bnz 4

Default bnz 4

Neca eos omnes. Deus suos agnoscet.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    Over 3600!

Befuddling what Steyr rifles are selling for recently. This one is neat in that it's an early no letter bnz4, but double the value? Looks like I may have NOT made a mistake buying Steyr rifles.
    Buy the Karabiner98k and Kriegsmodell book direct from the authors - www.thirdpartypress.com

Quote Originally Posted by mrfarb View Post
    Befuddling what Steyr rifles are selling for recently. This one is neat in that it's an early no letter bnz4, but double the value? Looks like I may have NOT made a mistake buying Steyr rifles.
    Mike I think some of these high prices are due in part to the variations of the stock itself. I doubt a red glue would have gone that high IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by clntnlvr View Post
    Mike I think some of these high prices are due in part to the variations of the stock itself. I doubt a red glue would have gone that high IMO.
    You thing people are paying big money for glue types? I find that hard to believe, unless they are grinding some into powder and sniffing it.
    Buy the Karabiner98k and Kriegsmodell book direct from the authors - www.thirdpartypress.com

Quote Originally Posted by mrfarb View Post
    You thing people are paying big money for glue types? I find that hard to believe, unless they are grinding some into powder and sniffing it.
    I'm saying people are paying a premium for aesthetics; as far as the grinding and sniffing, don't knock it till you try it.

Still absolutely insane .......

Well, one thing it could be - I've seen a few higher end collectors cross shopping recently (I've done it), buying things that are different than their normal collecting focus. Many times these guys want ONE gun to represent the breed, and if they find THE ONE that tickles their fancy then they step up to the plate. This gun was a great example of an early 44 Steyr before the factory was bombed and quality essentially nosedived. So, maybe the buyer needed one spot filled and didn't care what it cost. I can't say I haven't done the same, rolled some of my profit taking into a one off (for free basically). Just a thought.

I can see that, but it encourages others to attempt to think their rifle is also a pot of gold, when it often is a pot of shit.....

It's not just with 98s - lots of stupid money going for used stuff. I toyed with a PE-57 for years watching them sell for 7-8k all day every day but the last one that hit GB two knuckleheads bid to 25. A typical Interarms import PPK/S has gone from a few hundred to a few thousand while still unpredictable - one is 1500, the next 3k with no discernible difference in condition.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast