Thread: Way Over Priced

Default Way Over Priced

Neca eos omnes. Deus suos agnoscet.

Apparently not. I donít think it was terrible.

What do you mean over price . That gun is an easy restoration . IMO underpriced by a grand .

I wish I’d seen the earlier. Haha if the buyer wants to make $500.....

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Roberts View Post
    What do you mean over price . That gun is an easy restoration . IMO underpriced by a grand .
    Seriously ?????? I see a heavily worn & abused stock w/ missing duffel cut wood, well worn metal, perhaps 40- 50% thinning blue.
    Last edited by Dave; 12th May 2018 at 08:09 PM.
    Neca eos omnes. Deus suos agnoscet.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Roberts View Post
    I agree, it's a perfect rifle for restoration. I see a lot of these with sanded stocks, mismatched parts, reblued, etc. and they still go for quite a bit of money. Even RC ZF41's go for around $800 if you can find them. This one looks like it came straight out of a vet's closet, which is a lot to say the least. I like it, and the rough condition doesn't take away from the asking price with a sling that looks like it's been on there since WW2. Very nice pick up.

I also think it was no bargain, these are not rare or even uncommon. If not for the missing forend then I guess it would be simply full retail+, but $2000 for a problem zf41 ar/42 (which I bet more than half of MB production in 1942 was either zf41 and or "dual code" Astrawerkes) is no bargain.

I might add that these zf41 rifles are almost always in upper grades, must have been standard issue for cooks and typists...

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    Seriously ?????? I see a heavily worn & abused stock w/ missing duffel cut wood, well worn metal, perhaps 40- 50% thinning blue.

Yeah, I think the price was nearly right considering the stock is really worn and the metal is 50% rust patina. It's amazing the front band was still with it, that's almost always gone.
    Buy the Karabiner98k and Kriegsmodell book direct from the authors - www.thirdpartypress.com