Thread: $5.000.00 ??????????

Default $5.000.00 ??????????

Neca eos omnes. Deus suos agnoscet.

I have never held a rifle this early and I am not an expert so I have two questions; Is the bolt flat correct? Is there something going on with the blueing? The reason I ask about the bolt flat is that it looks like the edges are not sharp. My question about the blueing is that it looks like there is blueing over the corrosion.

bolt is good /// price is KRAZY /// counter bored barrel okay, tell me by who ??????

If this rifle's barrel has been counter bored wouldn't it be marked on the barrel as such. Wouldn't it be like the same type of markings that the Germans did on Imperial Gew98 rifles during WW1?

I didn't think Germany counterbored....

They did in the Imperial Era would it be possible in this era? Never seen a counter board K98k before but I have seen a few Gew98 rifles that have been counter board.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    bolt is good /// price is KRAZY /// counter bored barrel okay, tell me by who ??????
    Thank you for the feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior1354 View Post
    They did in the Imperial Era would it be possible in this era? Never seen a counter board K98k before but I have seen a few Gew98 rifles that have been counter board.
    I have seen 2 otherwise all matching 98k rifles with counter bored barrels. They were both early prewar guns. I believe there are German done , period done, counter bored 98k rifles that are legitimate.....

Default S/42G

Re-dip. Not original factory finish.

Quote Originally Posted by bruce98k View Post
    Re-dip. Not original factory finish.

Thank you, I thought that there was something off with the finish. No way that the Germans would refinish over corrosion.