Thread: Waffenmeisterwerkzeug MG34

Default Waffenmeisterwerkzeug MG34

Here are some tools from my collection. There are many that are for general repairs on a variety of German WW2 weapons. I thought it fun to begin with some rare MG34 tools. How they are used is shown in the photos.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Very nice....
    Neca eos omnes. Deus suos agnoscet.

Red face More Goodies to Follow

I've been collecting Waffenmeister tools for many years and have decided that I should post some photos that give the average Joe an idea of what was available "in the field" and how it was used.

Super nice collection! most of it rare too!

Red face More Waffenmeister Goodies

Quote Originally Posted by Rickyracer2 View Post
    Super nice collection! most of it rare too!
    Thank You for the kind remarks. I've been collecting Waffenmeister tools for 50 years. The toolkit shown in this post is the "Kleinen Waffenwerkzeugsatz". Translates to "Small (size of the kit) Weapons tool kit". These small tool kits were issued to every unit large enough to be issued TWO MG34 or MG42 machineguns. Many collectors think that this small toolkit was intended only for use with the MG34. Not true! These small toolkits were intended for repair/maintenance of any small arm up to small canon. When originally issued they contained 35 separate tools and gauges to be used by a "Waffenmeister" assistant or "Waffen und Geraete Unteroffizier" to keep his unit's weapons in fighting trim. To help the Waffenmeister assistant do his mission, other ammo type cans were issued: Cans marked "V" contained replacement parts for the MG34/MG42. Cans marked "G" contained replacement parts for the "Gewehr" or Mauser 98. (There are people who will disagree with me.) Cans marked "Gu" were for the "Gurtfueller 34 or 41". The MG belt loading machine. The "P" can was for two types of oil. There are a number of other marked ammo type cans and I will post info on them later.
    If you have ever wondered what that vertical groove at the right rear side of the cocking piece is for? The answer is that pliers tool shown on the side of the center section of the toolkit next to the gauges. If you have ever had a 98 bolt that somehow locked itself into the "fired" position when out of the receiver. You will know how difficult and dangerous to your digits and wallet it is to get things back right. These tiny pliers can also remove and replace the extractor in short order.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by shooterike; 9th July 2018 at 08:39 PM.