Thread: S/147/G

Default S/147/G

Neca eos omnes. Deus suos agnoscet.

Rifle is stamped Germany in front of the trigger guard but it's not import mark. Huh?

Looks like it has some real issues. But I don't know squat about naval stuff. The rear butt plate is right, correct? I have a couple, will dig them out.

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior1354 View Post
    Rifle is stamped Germany in front of the trigger guard but it's not import mark. Huh?
    'otherwise' NOT import marked.. Guess that's the new 'TOTALLY MATCHING except'?

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior1354 View Post
    Isn't that an export mark?

Quote Originally Posted by phillynick View Post
    Isn't that an export mark?
    No the very first 'import marks' required here were just the country of origin. You can also find lots of Carcano rifles with the simple 'Italy' in the same size and font type in the same location. I don't recall the dates but I venture to say it started in '68?

Was it explained why Eagle/H rifles have Nordsee takedown disks? I saw another one like this in the gallery on the other site

Quote Originally Posted by heavy_mech View Post
    No the very first 'import marks' required here were just the country of origin. You can also find lots of Carcano rifles with the simple 'Italy' in the same size and font type in the same location. I don't recall the dates but I venture to say it started in '68?
    Yeah I've seen 1910s and other guns with the "Germany" and of course there's the Walther PP's marked "Allemagne" and the Astra 400s marked 'Spain' I thought I read somewhere that it was done when guns were being exported to another country.