Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: S/42G

Wow, $4400 for that rifle is ridiculous. I'm happy for the buyer, he got what he deserved buying from that seller. So Alan D. Cors collection, and Craig Brown collection (according to them), both well known collectors, both fooled by what I consider an obvious fake. Do you think it was a "reference" gun? Good way to spot fakes is own a few for study. The Alan D. Cors collection has been selling lately at Rock Island I think.
    Buy the Karabiner98k and Kriegsmodell book direct from the authors - www.thirdpartypress.com

I literally can't believe the prices this guy gets for rifles. Maybe that carpet hypnotizes them? Interesting this 'brian quandt' (460 feedbacks) jumps in and runs it up a thousand dollars from $3k to 4. Then 2 other guys finish it off. Several guys really wanted this thing.

Alan D. Cors, Geoffrey Sturgess, Craig Brown... These names seem to give auction houses some level of authority/credibility when they peddle their junk, or so they think.
    In reality, Cors, Sturgess and Brown amassed significant parts of their collections before Al Gore invented the Interwebz, using Law, Senich and other contemporary literature as their guide lines. Considering the limited knowledge at the time the first collector books were published, the huge amount of questionable rifles now being auctioned off as collectors' gems shouldn't surprise anybody.

Quote Originally Posted by GunKraut View Post
    Alan D. Cors, Geoffrey Sturgess, Craig Brown... These names seem to give auction houses some level of authority/credibility when they peddle their junk, or so they think.
    In reality, Cors, Sturgess and Brown amassed significant parts of their collections before Al Gore invented the Interwebz, using Law, Senich and other contemporary literature as their guide lines. Considering the limited knowledge at the time the first collector books were published, the huge amount of questionable rifles now being auctioned off as collectors' gems shouldn't surprise anybody.

Amen to that analysis
    Neca eos omnes. Deus suos agnoscet.

Quote Originally Posted by GunKraut View Post
    Exactly, and quite frankly, even with the books available now it's still difficult to tell if items are legit. So many different stamps were used by the manufacturers, things that look fake to me end up being real half the time. It's really really difficult to understand the rifle market. The pistols is so much easier.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12